Saturday, April 24, 2010

Pillow Talk!




I've been making pillows lately- to try and use up some of the fabric, clothes and random scraps that I've been carting around. At a time when I should have been downsizing my belongings Repro Depot had a fabric free-for-all. My friend Søren and I (after emptying the back of my truck in my storage unit) filled it back up with bolt after bolt of free fabric... what else was I going to do? Not take it? Don't be ridiculous.

I don't know if you're like me or not but when I come across a huge sale or in this case, a huge studio filled-to-the-brim with free fabric I start to lose my grip on reality and begin envisioning "all the stuff I could make". That is, if I work non-stop from now until they're able to thaw me out from my cryogenic cocoon and I start all over again. Take that number and then add 200 years. My boyfriend is not happy. In order to showcase the necessity of these huge mounds of fabric I had to do something and fast- Hello, pillows!



No comments:

Post a Comment