Sunday, November 14, 2010

Yeti sighting!

I've been working on a Yeti tee shirt for my friend Shae. It's a birthday present (FYI his birthday was October, 26th... oops) but French knots  take a little bit longer than your average embroidery stitch. And Yetis, not that I've ever seen one, are some furry bitches... supposedly. The problem is that I ran out of one of the colors of embroidery thread and now my Yeti looks like he's wearing Uggs. It wasn't supposed to look like that, but I underestimated how much thread I'd need. Here's the beginning- the outline and some of the progression.
Latest Yeti fur update:
fully furred on his bottom half!
It is now Christian and safe for viewing at work!
Almost done.

And, finished!

3 comments:

  1. Cool! It does seem the Yeti and Sasquatch are becoming popular once again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks @thoughtbeast... keep checking back for the fur production. It's SO close to being done!

    @Gin- Yeah, I thought you would like those... maybe I'll give him/her(?) some mirrored Chanel sunglasses!?!

    ReplyDelete